Getting started on the rebuild Journey
Friends this is going to be a long process and it will take years for everyone to fully recover.
The amount of work to be done is staggering. However, we will get through this one house at a time. .
We have started viewing homes and assessing the needs. This is proven to be very time consuming. We need your help. For us to be the most efficient we need you to do the following before we come to your house:
1) YOU MUST REMOVE ALL WET INSULATION. THAT MEANS EVEN BEHIND TUBS AND OTHER HARD TO REACH PLACES. IT ALL HAS TO GO.
2) ALL WET SHEETROCK HAS TO BE REMOVED. THEN IT NEEDS TO BE PULLED OFF TO THE JOINT AND/OR CUT EVENLY.
3) Cabinets need to be removed. In only a few very rare case will the cabinets be allowed to stay in place. The sheetrock between the cabinets has gotten wet and is holding mostiure and this sheetrock must come out.
Our list is long and we will contact you 2 to 3 days in advance to schdule a time.
Before we can start work the following must be done:
1) Have your home professionally dried and disinfected. Gafford Builders, Inc. is NOT a mold remediation contractor and can not properly advise you on issues in this area. We highly advise that you use a local licensed Mold remediation contactor. If you do it your self you need to educate yourself on the process.
2) If you have insurance, the aduster must come and given you some directions on how your claim will be handled.